How many of you get zero help with your kids when you are sick

My dear husband works alot & helps all that he can....he is wonderful. But when I/we get sick its so hard to take care of my two kids its brutal especially when it hits all of us at the same time. Sometimes I feel like crying! I do my best and its hard...I wish I had a

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm a single mom... so I'm always on duty.... sometimes if I'm super lucky my dad will help out. However, when I was growing up he NEVER took over duties for my mom (he's a MUCH better abuelo than he was ever a dad)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Mine helps, but honestly I still get up and take care of mine. It's business as usual. DH is pretty wimpy when he gets sick, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Didn't anyone tell you that moms are not to get sick?? we still have to do the things we do whether we feel sick or not! It happens to most of us, even the ones that have occasional help with family, hopefully someday they will take care of you when you get old and sick.

Answer by older at 4:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My husband helps as much as possible. He is awesome! But as for other family or friends they all live to far away to help right now.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No, my husband helps a lot when I'm sick. I was in a terrible accident in 2009, and he did everything for weeks.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• whenever I am sick or not sick I've got no one...just me. And I am married lol. My husband, I love him very much and he is a good man but he is lazy as heck. it would be nice if he would pick up a dish and wash it. This past week him, me and our 2 boys have been sick (the youngest boy I just gave birth too 12 days ago) and I've been working my ass off keeping the house clean and taking care of all 3 of them. Power of the moms right?? lol
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 4:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I can get help if I absolutely need it. If I feel like I can't press my way through the day without dosing off to sleep from not feeling well..then I'll call people and beg for help if my husband is busy..or call and ask if he could cancel his evening jobs (he only has 1 primary during the day and does our business in the evening when we have side jobs) and help me with Samuel.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 5:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yes, I get the help that I need. I had a muscle spasm last week and had to take a muscle relaxer and before I knew it, it was 2 and I was up and my DD wasn't. He had done lunch, and got her down for a nap as well as made sure that the house didn't fall down. It was awesome.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I dont get any unless if my DF is here
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• we do everything equally, and take turns...try it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010