I will be gone for an extended period of time for a study abroad program in school...I want to fill out a medical power of attorney to allow my mom to make medical decisions for my daughter while i'm gone...

what do i need to do? we live in ohio. i don't know if i need an attorney to fill this out or what and i don't know where to get the form.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Call an attorney,u would get one from him.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd talk with an attorney and see if there is other paperwork that you need. If you don't have a will, for example.

Answer by Bmat at 4:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When my kids were little & even teens & i went out of town- i wrote my own Medical Power of Attorney and then i had it Notarized- I just wrote something like: " To Whom it may Concern" I (your name) Give(your mom's name) permission to take Any necessary steps in the event that my child (name) becomes Ill or Hurt at (Hospital) or (Doctor's office) The Doctor & Hospital also has my permission to treat my child for anything that is needed-
    Sorry- i can't remember exactly but, this is close to it- i live in North Carolina & Never had a problem- Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• just like daisy said... write up a letter stating what you want your mom to do dealing with your child... have it witnessed and then have it notarized..you will be fine then...
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 5:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• All you do is write a letter.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010