Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will be gone for an extended period of time for a study abroad program in school...I want to fill out a medical power of attorney to allow my mom to make medical decisions for my daughter while i'm gone...

what do i need to do? we live in ohio. i don't know if i need an attorney to fill this out or what and i don't know where to get the form.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Call an attorney,u would get one from him.

    Answer by dancer at 4:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • I'd talk with an attorney and see if there is other paperwork that you need. If you don't have a will, for example.

    Answer by Bmat at 4:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • When my kids were little & even teens & i went out of town- i wrote my own Medical Power of Attorney and then i had it Notarized- I just wrote something like: " To Whom it may Concern" I (your name) Give(your mom's name) permission to take Any necessary steps in the event that my child (name) becomes Ill or Hurt at (Hospital) or (Doctor's office) The Doctor & Hospital also has my permission to treat my child for anything that is needed-
    Sorry- i can't remember exactly but, this is close to it- i live in North Carolina & Never had a problem- Wishing you lots of luck!

    Answer by daisyb at 4:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • just like daisy said... write up a letter stating what you want your mom to do dealing with your child... have it witnessed and then have it will be fine then...

    Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 5:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • All you do is write a letter.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 5:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.