Do you try to absorb more information when you read fiction or nonfiction?

rachelcat

Asked by rachelcat at 4:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Both. Most fiction contains certain amounts of non-fiction as well.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't really 'try to absorb' when I'm reading... I just read and it sinks in. I don't try harder at one than the other (unless it's something I'm studying for an exam or something... then I might take notes and get out the highlighter in an effort to remember more later on.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well, I don't read fiction unless it's a "classic" or there is a specific reason for the reading... Being I'm dyslexic and an avid reader it takes a good bit for me to absorb but I would say I work harder at it when I read non-fiction, because I am reading it for educational or purposes of growth and I want to retain as much as possible.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I read mostly for fun or to escape reality for awhile. So I don't read non-fiction unless I need to get some zzzz's. The non fiction I do read is mostly recipes, housecleaning hints, or herbal remedies. I do try to remember certain hints, but don't try to "absorb" anything.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I stick to fiction...I like to read to escape and become a part of an adventure or mystery.

Non-fiction bores me unless its got cool recipes or Im reading up on herbs.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I read mostly non fiction. I hardly read any fiction anymore... But I write in the margins and make notes as I read, compare my different sources to one another, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I try to understand everything I read- I go through phases of what I enjoy reading-right now its realistic trashy fiction-not even sure why!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't really try either one, I just absorb what I absorb. That's why my head is a jumble of useless knowledge.
    TessaHoney

Answer by TessaHoney at 10:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm an absorber. I keep a religious journal, a thought journal, and kids journals.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Both for me because the info can be used later.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010