during my pregnancy

So...i am 16 weeks pregnant and my husband an i have been married for almost 4 months, but been together for 3 years. Ever since i have been pregnant...he has not been as close to me...like we do not seem as "lovey dovey" and intimate. Also, his son who is 8, says hes excited about the new baby....but he is being such a brat since we told him about me being pregnant. Anyone else out there had this issue? Ugh...i cannot handle this. I so wanna leave sometimes...but everyone tells me this is normal. I guess so much for a stress-free time.

kayteee25

Asked by kayteee25 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• First of all, please know, there is no stress free time ! LOL I come across the feeling of wanting to leave close to everyday. Its not that I dont love my man or children, I just get frustrated. Its all so overwhelming to say the least. This is my new outlet, you just have to find one of your own, is this it? Just know that he may have things on his mind, i.e. providing for another child and worrying about that. Make sure you come up with a time to talk every week. Dont attack, ever. Just maybe mention some things you have been feeling and ask him if he has noticed any new feelings or if their is anything that would make him more comfortable if he isnt. Its hard with some men, but communication is key. Dont let your emotions rule your head, remember, pregnancy makes us kinda nut jobs too ;)

Momof3many

Answer by Momof3many at 8:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Also, with the 8 year old, maybe have him pick some baby names, or colors for the room, (if you have that luxury), ask him to write down the first thing he will want to say to his new brother or sister. Do you have a video cam...maybe bond with him in making a message video for the baby?
    Momof3many

• thank you....i have tried so many things. Its so frustrating. And yes..cafe mom has been great! But when i am on here...my husband is like "What are ya doin on there..." I am a school teacher, so i know how children can change...and its so frustrating. WOW.. And then, when i try to talk to my husband, or my step son, they both say nothing has changed...its all my fault....stop being so moody...BLAH BLAH....thank you!
    kayteee25

Answer by kayteee25 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had to read this twice because it sounded like my story at one time in my life! When I became pregnant with my first son, My Husband had a boy who was 9. Are relationship was really great until I found out that I was pregnant & his son was not happy about another child in the house. The good news is the hormones & saddness that you feel will soon go & everthing will work out. I made a lot of threats about leaving SEVERAL times during my pregnancy & I thought my husband was going to lose his mind. I didn't have cafemom at the time but I had my journel & when I go back to read it, I am surprised by my feelings during that difficult time. Cheer up! I promise it will get better & your husband who loves you very much will soon be a proud father!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2008