HandyWoman Emergency!

Okay, I was wondering if any of you have serviced your water heater or do you only recommend calling someone to do it? I have watched online how to do it and mine are in the attic. I can get a hose that drains into a bathtub (this is the thing that seems to be most concerning online is that the water that comes out is scalding hot so to make sure that it drains to the street). Since mine are in the attic (we have two units), I can hook up a hose and drain it into the bathtub that is very close to the attic access. I just want to know if this is something that is fairly easy to accomplish or if it's recommended that I call a professional.

*note that there isn't a problem with the units, but we are getting ready to sell the house and I want to make sure that everything is done and serviced before we get a contract on the house (wishful thinking ;o))

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 4:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If there is nothing wrong with it maybe you should leave it alone. Even though its recommeded that we drain our water heaters every so often, who really does? Raise your hands if you do :-) If you're not sure what you are doing call a pro.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 5:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010