The world of facebook is not big enough for both of us! I need help with Ex's,FB and kids

I left my 1st husband many years ago and since then he has not had an interest in the girls' lives. He has not even given a graduation card to the 2 that have already graduated. They call him and he just yells at them. He is a drug using abusive drunk who is not fit for any place on this earth. I raised those 3 girls alone with no help from him!!
So for 2 years now me and my girls have been eachothers friends on Facebook. Well now the scum of the earth father of their's has just gotten one. They were so happy to accept his friend request. I LOATHE this freak of nature and gets the creeps just looking at him because the damage the drugs and drinking have done to him.
Now the kids do communicate alot with me, writing on my wall and when I reply to anything they jot down on their status all this he will see..and if he bothers to write anything I have to see it. how do I over come my hostility and just learn to let go and be nice

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 4:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, you can block him. If you do, it will seem as if you don't exist on facebook to him. You won't see his posts, he won't see yours. You have to go into your privacy settings on facebook i think. I have never blocked someone, so i don't know exactly how to do it. But, i know friends who have blocked people. If you can't figure it out, I'm sure you can google "how to block someone on facebook" and you'll find simple directions.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• block him then he can't read what you write and you can't read what he writes.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 4:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Its really easy you can block him BUT... they CAN still copy and past your wall onto theirs. You need to sit down with your girls and talk to them about respect and honor and you need to show it too. You sound angry still at him and it will help to let that go.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You can block him from seeing your stuff, but he will still see your girls posts if they don't block him.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• block him .... review your privacy setting and make it so that HE is specifically excluded from seeing any updates etc. or that only your dd can see what you wrote but nobody else (friends only)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think the only way would be to remember that you once loved him enough to think he was husband and father material, so there must have been something good about him. Try to remember what that was, and think on those things instead of the way he is now!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• He will not see it if the privacy setting are set right and the friend request was not accepted. Everyone should have their settings for pictures, post, wall, ect... to friends only.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I can block him? Sounds like a dumb question, sorry
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• it's called being the bigger person i guess. with that said he is their father after all so yeah just be the bigger person and grin and bear it

crouchingmommy

Answer by crouchingmommy at 4:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• GO under privacy setting and set everything to friends only first. Then at the bottom you will see a small icon that looks like a do not enter sign that says block list. Under it is a link that says edit your list. You will be able to block him there The reason I said to make everything firends only is because if it is not private he can make another account or use a friends account to look at pictures and stuff still.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010