My 8 month old is throwing fits... how do I stop it?

My 8.5 month old just started crawling.. She will crawl into stuf, such as the couch, a door, wall, ect, and get mad becasue it doesn't move. She screams at it and turns around and kicks and yells at it.. How can I stop this behavior?

ccspiratemama

Asked by ccspiratemama at 4:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will stop. It is her way of expressing her emotions right know. For her there is that not that understanding. Of why it is not moving for her.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• fast forward a few years ;) she's frustrated thats all now is a good time to start working with her on language it will be a while before she can speak but you can give her words now so she has them later. Getting a book on baby sign language might help too. We sign with our son from a very young age and having him being able to communicate with us before he could speak really helped with his frustration and it is supposed to help develop language skills as well
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• she's just frustrated, I wouldn't worry about them for right now. Once she figures out how to go around things her frustration should ease up. One thing you can do is just not contribute to the fit. Just turn her around or show her how to get around the obstacle, stay calm and that might help.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You can't stop this behavior, its a totally normal part of her development.. She is 8 months old and this is how they express their emotions. She doesn't know why the door won't move! When she is getting angry, just be a calm gentle presence for her. Get down to her level, take her hand or something, and say "it's okay, lets be gentle". repeat a million times over the next 2 years, and you should have a pretty well adjusted toddler! Lol.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010