how many people can you have when your in having a c-section?

I'm having a scheduled c-section on Wednesday and my husband is going to be there but my sister also wants to be there, I've heard of one person being allowed in the c-section room but was wondering if anyone has had more than one.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 5:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• From everyone I know that has had one. Can only have one person in there.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• it all depends on ur doc some times they will allow two peopld the max but most of the time its just the father or one family member my doc just allowed my husband but my sisters doc alowed my mother n her husband so just ask ur doc before ur date comes to make sure..
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• depending on the circumstances it's usually just one, when my son was born he was very early and while they were heeling me down the hall they said my husband could be in there with me but once i was back in there with a spinal in they told him he had to stay out. our son had been in distress which was why we needed an emergency c-scetion and they were a little concerned as to what they might find when they got inside so they did not allow him to be in there. So I was alone for my c-section (which sucked by the way) i've never heard of being able to have more than one person so if they say no to your sister just remember it could be worse, you could have been me, getting sliced open with no one to hold your hand but the anesthisiologist (sp) lol
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I was only allowed one for my c-sec two when I was pushing. Of course I only wanted DH anyway. It was a very special moment for us. Everyone was allowed in the room as soon as we had all bonded as a new family.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• As far as I know, they only allow one, usually the Father in the room during a C-Section because it is considered Surgery.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• drs told me i was allowed to have 2 ppl there, (my mom and my sis) but then i ended up having to have an emerg c section..and told me i was only allowed to have 1..wellllll, then i started crying cuz i wanted my sis there, my suster started crying cuz she wanted to be there..soooo they ended up letting her come in to..LOL...but TECHNICALLY they only wanted one..i think it was because they felt sorry for me, because during my crying i was explainging to them how my mom and my sis have been the only ones there for me, my ex was an ass and wanted nothing to do with me or baby...etc...soo yaa they gave in!! :) and everything i said was the truth, so its not like i lied to them, just so my sis could be there.. :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• one, and if youre under general none, this has been at each hospital ive been in one in each state, il,oh,va
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Only 1. Your sister will see the baby like 10 minutes after he/she is born. Ive had 2 c-sections, and I wouldnt want anyone but my husband seeing me shaking like crazy (cuz it can look scary to others). Plus you will be on medicine, so you might fall asleep after a couple of minutes of holding your baby.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've heard some people say 1 others say none... ask your doctor about the policies at your hospital
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's based on several things- hospital policy because the doctors don't typically work for the hospital al,, they just have practicing rights there. it depends on the doctors policy for himself and his workspace- if something were to go wrong, having more than one person means more trouble getting them out of the way in case something happens and also can depend on the size of the OR. My first born was an emergent c-section and my husband wasnt allowed in until I was given the spinal and draped, and tools were counted and set , where as the second time around, it was plannedsame doctor, same hospital said he wouldn't mind having a second person in the room, but the room was just too small.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010