How many days after ovulation should you get AF

becbec71705

Asked by becbec71705 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• on a 28 day cycle, it would be 14 days. but it would depend on your cycle, some women are 30, 32, 34 or some are very irregular.

do you know your cycle? take the halfway point.
    Anonymous

• Yeah it truly depends on your cycle length and luteal phase.. (luteal phase is the time between ovulation and AF)
    For instance: I have a 33 day cycle, (most women have a 28 day cycle..or so they say..)
    MY AF lasted for 5 days, on the 19th - 24th of July. I ovulated on the 7th of August, and my next period was to start on the 22nd of August. So with all these numbers:

I have a 33 day cycle, and a 15 day luteal phase.

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• normal is 12 -16 days...best way to figure yours out is to chart....i had no idea i had a 12 day LP till i charted my temps
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It doesn't matter how long you cycle is. If you are ovulating you will get you period 2 weeks after if not preg. Knowing when you ovulate is a different story. It can be weeks or months after you get your period till the next ovulation if you aren't regular. That is the waiting game till you ovulate but it is always 14 days after ovulation till menstration.
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 8:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Again, dependent upon your cycle; your luteal phase will and can differ; apparently mamma2bubba hasn't spoken with a fertility specialist... it is never a clear cut two weeks for every woman, never is never has been. Luteal phases can range from 18 days to 8 days, but generally as MiraclesDHappen stated, the general population is averaged out into 12-16 days....
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008