i gave birth to my son in june. i got my first shot of depo in july. my ob/gyn said i would no longer have a period. but i have still been having a regular period every month since. not that heavy though. is something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Health

• Not everyone doesn't get a period back. Your OB should have told you that. Some women keep their normal periods, some get lighter or heavier, shorter or longer or none at all... But it's all normal. Nothing to worry about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Not nec. not everyones period stops at the first shot or even at all. When I was on depo it did eventually but after a few shots... HOWEVER.. I (and many others) did not have a good experience with depo ...
    I suggest reading up on it online.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When i was on the depo i stopped bleeding but 6 months later i started to bleed like a period. my doc took me off of it and put me back on the pill. I'm 5'1 and 115 .. the depo made me lose 10lbs. my doc said it had too many hormones for my body.check into it
    mikeysmom87

Answer by mikeysmom87 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• only 64% of women stop having periods all together some have irregular bleeding and some continue to have regular bleeding it's different for everybody
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I stopped bleeding on depo but it took a few months. It's different for everyone.
    chais_wifey

Answer by chais_wifey at 5:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010