Acorn and McCain?

Every time the McCain campaign criticizes something Obama has done, it turns out McCain has done something comparable or worse. McCain headlined an ACORN rally in 2006. So much for ACORN being a shady organization, huh?

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/13/153851/92/91/629442

Ha ha.

Miami, Florida – February 20, 2006 ― Leaders from a diverse array of sectors will hold a rally in Miami on Thursday, February 23, 2006, in support of comprehensive immigration reform in an effort to keep immigration reform at the forefront of the public debate. Leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, labor, business, and religious organizations will gather to call on Washington to enact workable reform.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 8:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i get it, it's cool to make ridiculous statments tying obama to ACORN and it's most recent voter fraud but it's not okay to point out that mccain has a past with ACORN, too.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The rally will feature Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as the headline speaker along with elected officials, immigrants and key local and national leaders.  Sen. McCain is one of the chief sponsors of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act; bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform legislation introduced last Congress and scheduled for consideration by the Senate in the coming weeks.  A similar rally with Sen. McCain is planned for New York City on February 27 [...]

The rally in Miami is being sponsored by the New American Opportunity campaign (NAOC) in partnership with ACORN, Catholic Legal Services - Archdiocese of Miami, Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Miami Dade College, People for the American Way/Mi Familia Vota en Acción, Service Employees International Union, and UNITE HERE.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• That was a great event, and I'm glad McCain headlined it. But it does make it a bit more difficult for his campaign to press this line of attack, doesn't it? We even have a picture:

This campaign is one of a kind. Every time it settles on a line of attack, it always undermines it days later.

ny.chica

• The dailykoz is an extremely biased website. I saw they had an icon up on Sept 11 that said "happy twin towers day" with a little cartoon. It was offensive. I would never take any article from that website seriously. Any other sources?
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Wow, you love clogging the question/answer board with non-questions, posting liberal propaganda and never actually seeking an answer. Why don't you start a journal and save these boards for people who have real questions?
    Anonymous

• ENOUGH WITH THIS SH*T!!!
    Everyone's mind is made up already.
    You're just trying to cause fights....that are getting EXTREAMLY annoying.
    Anonymous

• Can't we let this go? Vote for who you want to and stop the bashing. Besides, supporting ACORN isn't a bad thing. The bad thing is when your campaign supports fraudulent voter registration, which is what Obama's is being accused of in my area. And I don't mean Obama personally. He can't control each and every person who supports him.
    Anonymous

• oh is my little anonymous stalker back? I'm flatter. I couldn't care less if your mind is made up. If my questions bother you then don't read them. I'm not trying to cause fights. I'm exercising my freedom of speech. I have seen tons of stuff posted here about Obama and Acorn (mostly false internet rumors) But because this one is about mccain you are blowing a gasket. oh well. get some guts and stop posting anonymous an dfollowing me around CM.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Can't we let this go? Vote for who you want to and stop the bashing. Besides, supporting ACORN isn't a bad thing.

and yet people keep posting tons of stuff here because Obama did some work with them. I'll let it go as soon as others do.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008