Burn the Quran? (negate thought)

Do you think Florida is still going to burn the Quran even though General Petraeus is giving some clear expectations of danger to troops?

surfcitymom

Asked by surfcitymom at 5:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Wow .... I guess I don't understand what this Pastor thinks this will accomplish. I consider myself in line with the tea party movement, and I'd be the first to say that this is wrong. I'll admit that I don't believe Islam worships the true and living God, but to respond in this manner is simply not Christian. He's just asking for trouble - trouble for himself, his church, our troops, and America (and Christianity) as a whole.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Personally, it should not be happening period. I find the thought of ANY book burning but ESPECIALLY the burning of someones RELIGIOUS book to be repugnant. Its THE WORD OF GOD -- may not me my version of God but it is the word of God to Muslim's.
    I think that the courts should issue an injunction against this act of HATE
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Serious hate crime!!! The Florida government is doing this?? Was this in the news? Link?
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why do they want to burn it??? I wouldn't if it would put our troops in any more danger then they r already in.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• This group disgusts me, they are a group of extremists who will do nothing but attract the same type. I don't think giving them attention is a positive thing, perhaps we should arm the locals with powerful water cannons to douse the creeps down. They don't have a burn permit, but that does not seem to make a difference. I don't think they care about the safety of our troops.
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 5:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• its really disgusting how extreme those people are. they go against everything God is supposed to stand for-. they give good, compassionate, tolerant Christians a bad name.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• This is really wrong even without the additional threat it places on the troops, I hope they reconsider.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't care if it's a religious book or a book of Garfield cartoons. I only care that it's a pointless activity. It accomplishes absolutely nothing, other than to make the group doing it look more bigoted and ignorant.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I hope not-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Actually they have the right to do it under the First Amendment. That being said, I think it's very wrong of them to do it after what Petraeus said about it endangering troops. Why would anyone want to do anything that increases the danger to our mililtary. And I don't see anything that can be accomplished by burning it anyway except to piss a bunch of people off.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010