Blood in stool when to see a doc *warning TMI* adult content

I have been having really loose watery stools since yesterday, very often. Like once every hour or so. The last couple times there has been blood in it and it was bright red. I do have Irritable bowel syndrome but I've never had blood in the stool and to my knowledge thats not a part of it. It doesn't hurt to go I'm just really crampy. At what point should I see a doctor? Do i wait it out till the morning or head to the ER or what. I feel alright I'm really tired and blah but other than that I'm fine. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Health

• It is a hemmorroid. I get those every now and then. As long as the blood is bright red and not dark,nothing to worry about.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It is most likely a hemorrhoid. While I do not think that is is necessary to go to the ER, if it continues more than a two weeks, I would suggest that you make an appointment to see your doctor. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• you can always call your Dr and ask what he/she thinks you should do
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 5:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would just follow up with your doc. Anymore, they run ER Triage based on need- so you could be sitting there awhile. Any kid with a fever, or old man with chest pains is going to get bumped ahead of you and you could be there all night. Call in the morning just in case. My father in law had problems where he felt constipate, but had an urge like diarrhea and when he'd try to poop all that came out was blood. He ended up having a bowel obstruction that had gotten infected. Could be nothing, could be something. Good Luck :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010