Have any of you moms had a baby without knowing you were pregnant, or known someone that this has happened to?

I've asked this question twice now and one mom replied yes anonymously.. If this is you, if you wouldn't mind chatting, please email me.
Also, in an attempt to eliminate rude comments, I'm adding the following information about me and my story:
I didn't feel a thing. I spotted the entire 9 months, and at the same time every month. I was on birth control when I conceived and throughout my pregnancy. I only gained 15 lbs. I had no symptoms except heartburn and fatigue. I am also a very fit/proportionate height and weight. I know a lot of people doubt me, but I am a very well-educated woman who is very close to her family. I would never keep this from any of them had I known. I was with my mother and sister on a road trip from Mpls to Chicago when I had my baby in the car on the side of the road. I obviously had no prenatal care & I lost a lot of blood during the birth, but both me and my baby are totally fine.

lebanisa

Asked by lebanisa at 8:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It happens more often than you think. Some babies just don't move that much. Some women think they have horrible rolling gas, like the kind that accompanies diarrhea sometimes. I had a neighbor down the street in this situation. She was 42..hadn't had regular periods in 3 yrs and was on a business trip. She was a little overweight..but she certainly never looked pregnant. She stood up after dinner at her hotel and her water broke. She thought she had ruptured her bladder somehow. She had a 6.9 lb baby boy. It happens. Don't beat yourself up...just go from where you are now.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• So you didn't show at all or feel baby move? That's an amazing story, I've only ever heard of such thing a few times and it's never been anyone I've known. I'm interested, you had no idea and all the sudden a baby came out? That's very interesting if that's the way it happened
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My old landlord didnt know she was pregnant. She is a very large woman..not fat, just 6 foot 5 inches and broad. She was in Las Vegas on vacation with her parents. Her husand was here doing stuff on the farm they own. She went to the hospital in Vegas because of horrible stomach pains and 20 mins after she got to the hospital she was holding her 8lb baby boy (now 31 years old). Her father called her husband and said congrats, your a daddy. He called him a drunk crazy old man and hung up on him. So its another case that she did not know she was pregnant.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about it now anyways, that's pretty awesoem though
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• A friend of mine who owns a daycare was having health issue's so she went to the Clinic, test came back negative but she still was sick and had different symptoms so they ran alot of tests on her and came to the conclusion that she had cancer of some sort. Don't remember cancer of what, but this was a the clinic treating her because she had no insurance so she had a few appointments with speciallists but mainly seen by the clinic and then at one of her specialist appointments the doctor thought it just didn't seem right so he ran more tests and i think an ultrasound on the cancerous area and she didn't have cancer at all. She was 8 1/2 months pregnant. So they had 1 month to get the nursery ready and everything before the baby was actually born.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• This happened to a friend of mine. She was taking depo shots. She thought there was no chance of pregnancy. She went to the hospital for stomach pains and had a 4 pound baby boy.
    Anonymous

• HA HA....horrible rolling gas....I can't stop laughing....HA HA!!!
    Anonymous

• Now I am scared. I have been wondering for 2 months now, after 6 neg. pregnancy test and two neg. blood tests, if I am pregnant. I have no had my period, and the doctors can find nothing wrong. I have absolutely no symptoms. hmmm....kinda scares me that I could be and not even know. And w/o insurance I could never afford a ultra sound. So I guess I'll be waiting? hmm...
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• A girl I kind of knew had a baby without knowing she was pregnant. She was a very small person and only gained about 15 lbs. too. She went to the ER, they thought she was having an apendisitis (sp?) attack, they were getting ready to do surgery when they realized she was pregnant and in labor! She had a very health baby boy! This was her 4th child. Oh and I forgot she had a tubal ligation after her 3rd child, so she didn't even think she could be pregnant. I can't swear this story is true, I didn't know her very well....but apparently it does happen. I'm glad you and your baby were ok!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008