What age to start a bed time?

At what age did you start your children on a bed time?

desisue0131

Asked by desisue0131 at 5:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son started sleeping through the night, we started putting him in bed around 9:30. He doesnt wake up till about 7:30-8.

He was 1 year old when he got his bed time :-)
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• by about 6 months, they have their own routine. I follow that, but around a yr old is when I made sure things were cosistent nightly. If yours is an only child, or you both work, there's a lot of factors to take into consideration- not knowing it all, I would recommend consistancy at least by 18 months. Kids are much more active by then and thrive on schedules. Meals, naps and bedtime all around the same time. It works well, All 4 of mine under 5 have a schedule we follow every day. It makes things predictable and easy to schedule things around. :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ASAP
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 5:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My kids had bedtimes for as long as I can remember. When they were newborns they would go to bed between 10-11. My oldest slept through the night at 2 months, my middle at 2 weeks (he still loves sleeping) and my youngest at 5 weeks. As time would go on I moved their bedtime up till it finally got to 7:30 (they were 6 months when that happened) and they would sleep till between 6-7am. Now my youngest goes to bed at 8, my middle at 8:30 and my oldest at 9pm.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 5:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• our son had a bedtime by 6 months
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• She was in bed by midnight at 5 days and sleeping through the night. She was on a consistent schedule by the time she was 12 weeks old and she was in bed by 11 and sleeping until 11. She slowly backed her schedule up to going to bed at 7 and waking at 9 by the time she was 9 mos old. I just went with it. She thrives on this schedule and it works for us. Just figure out what your family needs and go with it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Since day one. My kids always went to bed at the same time everynight since the day they were born. As they got older that time has changed, but it still remains for the period of time that it works.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I started a bedtime with my kids as soon as we came home from the hospital. They were all sleeping at least 8 hours by 2 months. By 6 months they were sleeping from 7pm-7am.

Answer by missanc at 6:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my son has been on a sleep schedule since he was 2 months old. Of course it has varied from time to time but the key to getting a set bedtime is routine. If you are wanting to set a bed time start doing things every night at a certain time. It will take some time to get adjusted but it works :) good luck!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When she started sleeping 12 hours.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010