For the single moms or those who have been

We spilt in December and I'm achingly lonely, sometimes we go on playdates during the day but then at night after ds goes to bed I just do homework then go to sleep. How did you get through this? I don't have time or really the inclination to be in a relationship, but nights are hard for me, especially when ds is with dad for the night and I have to go to bed in my house alone. I don't sleep well anymore.

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Get a cat!! They are soft and cuddly and won't break your heart!
    desisue0131

Answer by desisue0131 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• desisue, our appartments don't allow pets :(. but thanks for your answer, it made me smile
    gypsymama532

Comment by gypsymama532 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ya cats are awesome mine makes me day everytime i come home and she gives me lots of kisses
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• you will get over it with time my daughters father was deported when she was two months old i was 17 it was very hard but i got over it and learned independence

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• As cliche as it sounds, get a hobby.  I've always loved to read books, but when dd's dad left and it was just her and I, I would read a book a week to pass the time when she was sleeping!  Nights when your son is gone is your chance to get out and go have fun!  Even if it's to go sit in a corner of a coffee shop and read or something. 

michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Get out more. Whether its with your kids or with friends

noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• the best thing u can do for yourself is become independent, not financialy but emotianaly, be ok with been alone, love yourself, learn new things, find new friends, whatever it takes. im sure you where a happy outgoing person before you met him, you can be that person again now without him
    gemini415

Answer by gemini415 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Play music, get a bed full of pillows, or sleep with ur baby. That is what I did. O and get a new bed it SERIOUSLY helps.
    mama2zack

Answer by mama2zack at 12:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You are depressed, and I can see why. You're working on your education and trying to make something out of your life, that's great! Sometimes when he has your son, why don't you get with some friends and have a girls night out?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:08 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It gets better. I think now yes i got the whole bed to myself and I dont have to share or clean up messes I didnt make. Before bed i pray and listen to music or read a book till i fall alseep. Try to get you a routine and stick with it till it works for ya.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010