If your child shared a bed with you

at what age did you transition them to their own bed?

desisue0131

Asked by desisue0131 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I transfered my 4 and 2 in their owns beds to prepare for our 3rd. They are still in our room though on a fouton mattress we pull out at night.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It was different for each of my girls. With my first she was a year old. With our second she just finally started to sleep in her own bed. She is a little over three. But when they are sick or scared they can come and sleep with us. We have a few nights this summer with some awful storms and we had all 4 of us in the same bed.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• around 21/2 or so.... but basically it all depends on YOUR families needs. Transitioning was NOT easy esp. for ds. and I had to wait b/c we shared a room until he was 2.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• hmmm well lets see,they have all shared thebed at one time or another. The 5 year old is still there and hubby has moved to the couch as he cant stand the wiggling,the 3 year old has been in her room since she was 1,and the almost 2 is in his room halfway thru the night then comes in to me. I guess Im not a good one to answer this LOL!!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My 15 months dd is still currently in the bed with us but we are going to move her to a toddler bed at 18 months
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 7:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My oldest shared a bed with me (I was a single mom) until my husband and I moved into an apartment together (she was about 18 mos). At that point in time, I started gradually transitioning her into her own bed. She did okay with it, but it did take a while.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Around 2... they still sleep with me when they don't feel good, need snuggles, or mommy misses them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• On her 2nd birthday my DD got a princess bed from grandma, so she immediately took to sleeping in her own room. However, 3 months later, she is back in bed with me and 7 month old DS. Totally fine with me! I missed her anyway :) DH sleeps on the couch on his own volition, even when there are no children in the bed.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i put my son in his crib when he started sleeping well at night. he was five months old. he loves sleeping in his bed. he doesn't like sleeping next to us anymore because i move a lot. sometimes though i miss him so i take him in my bed for a little bit to snuggle. you should do put them in their bed when you feel they and you are ready. sometimes it's hard for babies to transition.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• 11 months, 8 months and number 3 is 14 months and still in bed with us. I basically moved them out when they were no longer nursing during the night.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010