What do YOU use vinegar for?

Apple cider vinegar/ white vinegar are the best things on the planet! clean floors, get rid of age spots, you name it!

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 5:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use it in my multi-purpose cleaner, my window cleaner, in the rinse cycle on my washing machine, as the rinse agent in my dishwasher, for salad dressing... so many things...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i use it for the coffee pot.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Nothing. I can't take the smell in general but even more so while preggo.
    chais_wifey

Answer by chais_wifey at 5:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i use it to clean, and also on clothing at times. i drink apple cidar vinegar sometimes, especially when I'm fighting a cold etc.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ear infections... seriously. right up there with hydrogen peroxide if i cant bear to listen to teh bubbling i use vinegar works great
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• cleaning, cleaning out the coffee pot, a cup or 2 in the wash when I wash the dog's bed, repels ants and centipedes, cooking
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• General cleaning, as a fabric softener, for cleaning DH's coffee pot (I hate coffee), pickling cucumbers, general cooking, cleaning the dog's ears, cleaning the aquarium, for killing weeds, to clean the rust off garden tools and to eliminate ant hills.

I think that's everything....vinegar is incredibly useful stuff.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I use the vinegar to take out the lice nits and eggs from my grand daughters hair. It is eco-friendly and not harmful to my girls. Not to mention so inexpensive.
    IcecreamSundae

Answer by IcecreamSundae at 8:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've used it for cleaning, washing clothes, getting rid of smells in the home and killing weeds and getting rid of ants. I have animals and worry about the poisons. It kills the weeds instantly and they don't grow back for a long time (just don't put it anywhere near something you want to stay alive)
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I soak my (cloth) diapers in vinegar.
    jessica1219

Answer by jessica1219 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010