Why do candidates who are for laws protecting the environment..

still send out a bunch of election year mailers?

Asked by lovinangels at 6:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually, I do have an answer. It's hypocrisy and they're not setting a very good example!

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• HA! Protecting the environment - HA, HA! All they have to do is buy carbon credits to offset the environmental damage they are doing and make Al Gore richer!!!!!!!!!!!! What a scam!

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If they are Democrats, I hear they have lots of campaigning $$$.

Al Gore "groupies" must follow their leader because it's what they do... jmo... We must have standards and regulations in place that are practiced for manufacturing processes, waste etc; but we don't need any under the table or swiss bank account, cash exchanges, so an offender can be, shall we say, ignored...

I guess it depends on which view the candidate has; I hope some really do care, especially, about people and animals, too but sadly, some, are strictly motivated by greed, just like Al, again, jmo...

Answer by agentwanda at 7:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Lol, that's a valid point. I just recycle the mailers anyway. I've never known anyone who's seen one of those mailers and said "You know what, that person is totally right, I'm voting for them".

Answer by NonnasMomma at 7:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Haha, good point! I don't have an answer, though, lol.

• DO NOT GET ME STARTED! I lived in Oregon for 5 years- the impact fees that developers paid for environmental issues was 3X what they had to put into the schools- whaat? The impact of housing on a tree was more important that overcrowding in the schools???

Answer by soyousay at 10:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• LOL! This is about as silly as our "spotted owl" problem. Environmental groups crippled the state's economy by almost killing the logging industry...all to save animals like our little owl. Thousands of people without jobs, kids with overfilled crappy schools, law enforcement cut to the bare bones....I wish those owls would just stuff it!

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thank goodness for the recycing bin!

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• LOL, very good point.

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010