I just found out my dad is dying.

I don't have a question. I'm just having a really hard time, and I have no one I can talk to right now.

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I understand. I lost my Dad to Cancer too. It was amazing the peace God gave me. He made the loss bearable. He also showed me my Dad would always be a part of my life because I was like him in many ways. I also knew one day I will be with him again forever!
    Heavenly Father, plz reach down & comfort this child. You know what it feels like to loose someone. You know the pain & loss of not having them there to talk to. Hide her & hold her close to you during this season of her life. May she have your strength to get though it. Plz send your angels to protect her. Bring others along side of her to help her through this time. Please don't let her Dad suffer. Please help him find his way to you & help for those he's leaving behind. Thank you for whatever you choose to do for her! In Jesus Christ name. Amen. I hope this helps you. my e-mail address is: praying_hands4u@hotmail.com if you want/need someone 2 share with. Cheryl
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 2:53 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am sorry, that is so hard. The sadness we feel is more our feelings, sad because you'll miss him. Many people don't get an opportunity to say goodbye, and prepare themselves for this kind of sadness. Spend some quality time with your dad, sit with him show pictures of the past, talk, make your last memories with him special. Embrace the happy times. You don't want to remember the last days with him as sad, Celebrate his life while he is still with you. I am praying for you. I would check out this site, it gives some information on the grieving process. http://www.hns.org/Portals/1/Stages%20of%20Grief.pdf
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 6:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I will be praying that you and your family finds strength and peace.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 7:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm so sorry to hear. Hope you find peace within.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Losing our parents is tough. Mine have been gone a while now, but I still miss them a lot.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Im sorry to hear that, you and your family are in my prayers.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i'm so sorry. PM if you need to talk. My grandfather is slowly deteriorating and he was a big part of my life, so its definitely rough.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• *BIG HUGS* i'll pray for your sweetie if you need an ear I'm here
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 6:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Im very sorry, please feel free to PM if you want to talk.

I haven't lost a parent, but I lost my FIL who was closer to me then my own father.. Im soo very sorry.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i lost my father when i was 9 and still- 17 years later- it is still hard to deal with. you just always kind of think your parents will be around forever.
    i see you posted that he is on machines. even though you may not think he can hear you- he can. talk to him and know he'll forever be looking down on you.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010