speaking of lying about age...how do i let my granny know she does look her age?

i know i shouldnt just come out and tell her..but this is the deal..
this weekend eharmony had a free trial thing going on and she wanted me to help her set up a profile..well she wanted to lie about her age. I told her it wasnt a good idea, especially if she connected with somebody..also i think its against the rules. Well she insisted..and said "don't i look younger" honestly..no, she does not. she looks older, if anything. i don't want to lie but i don't want to be brutally honest. What should i do when she ask me questions like this? I got out of it by just telling her its against their policy to lie..but what should i do in the future? lie or try to be honest? idk

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell her she looks pretty close to her real age, then drop it. She won't appreciate being told that she looks older than she is, so just be kind about it and let it go.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Be honest.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• do what i do when my MIL starts that business...tell her *sigh* sure. ha
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's your granny...give her a few years off if she really wants it! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Be honest with her
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Its so hard getting older. We are impacted by our age more that we want to admit. For example, someone told me I was going to be 54 years old. I said, "NO WAY. I'm not that old!" But then I added up the years. Sure enough, I would be 54 in 6 months. I cried. On the inside I didn't feel that old. When I look in the mirror I don't see myself that old. But when someone took a picture of me with someone who is younger, it shows. I know truth is important. I know we all have to face it sooner that later. I'd like it to be much later! But I am realizing we need to know the truth even if we're not ready for it. It may sting at first, but it is better than being lied to with word like "Oh, you don't look that old!" or "Your just a young chick. You don't have anything to worry about." Does that mean, now that I know I am older, I should start to worry? Find ways to help your grandma grow comfortabilty into her age. Senior Centers
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 2:30 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Whether or not you tell her, some men she will meet will be brutally honest with her and rip her heart out! Just say that she appears to be her age, and there's nothing wrong with that. That she is beautiful no matter the number! My mom is 70 and she truly doesn't look it, but she's honest about her age! Your grandma would want to start things off honestly.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Be honest.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2010