do the girls who work at my daughters daycare need to know the hymelick maneuver?

do the employees at daycare required by law to be certified in cpr?

dan29young

Asked by dan29young at 8:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no. bu ti would think it varies by state and stuff
    Anonymous

• Heimlich*
    Anonymous

• Laws regarding 'daycare' vary from state to state. All I can tell you is in Texas the must have a state certification that includes CPR and basic first aid including the Heimlich maneuver.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• As GrnEyedGrandma states it is different from state to state.....I know when I was in daycare not everyone was certified. I just pulled out the DCFS rules for where I'm located.

Here it is only required that there be at least one person on staff at all times that is certified in CPR and the Heimlich maneuver. So the laws here state as long as one person on staff is certified it's okay.

So here that one person does not have to be your child's teacher, it could be anyone on staff.... as long as there is at least one there at all times.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would think so, anyone...especially children can choke
    Jersismom

Answer by Jersismom at 9:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daycare lady is. But I am not sure if it required in our state. I cannot imagine why it would not be in every state.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I am in KY, I worked in daycare, several years ago, but we never had to know this or even any cpr. I think it should be required though.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008