I need advice on a few things!!

How can encourge my fiance to get a better paying jobs and how can i help him get a good one in a town with very little job oppertunitys outside of the oilfield. He always takes it the wrong way when we talk about. We also need a job with insurance benifits also. We both want another baby me more them him though. But we need more money and a bigger house to support another kid. Do yall have any advice im still pretty young and dont know much about all of this stuff.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you aren't married yet and you are on your own with your own child attending school, you will qualify for daycare assistance. You are just giving excuses. Quit pushing your fiance and find yourself a job. Even if it is part time, you can contribute to your household expenses. Its so easy to tell someone else to pick up the slack, its great to have dreams and ambition but you need to be an asset to the relationship too. Be happy that he has a job of any kind right now. If you push him to do something he doesn't want, you might find yourself out on your own completely. Communicate and work together to a common goal. That is how a real marriage works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You could get a job too? Then you would have two incomes. Other than that maybe write out a list of Pro's and Con's of him having better pay and a more localized job. Maybe if he can READ how you are feeling rather than hear it (as we women do have a tendancy to come across harsh at times) he will understand how you are feeling.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 6:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• He's pretty lucky to have a job in these tough times - if he likes his job and doesn't want to leave, why should he? If earning more and having more children was HIS priority, he'd do that ... actions speak loudly.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• uh, number one, you shouldn't try to convince him to have another kid when he doesn't really want one. does he like his job? because if he does, you shouldn't make him leave and find something else just because you want more things...what about your job? could you get something better?
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i'm sorry, i don't mean to say you shouldn't try to convince him, but you shouldn't convince him and pressure him into it if he doesn't want more kids.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 6:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Same here, df has a job n keeps moving up but the company gives crappy raises, he is actually over qualified for the position he is in n it gets me mad that he doesnt look for a better n higher paying job, i always tell him that i hate the fact that his company doesnt appreciate what he does but im not sure thats the right hint.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I didnt try to convince him to have another kid he wants to i just want one more. His job always push him around. They make him work on days that he needed to take our son to the docter and they knew a week in advance and still mad him work. He get introuble because other people dont do their jobs. I cant get a job yet i am still in school for another year and cant afford day care for school let alone for me to go to work to.
    K3lly94

Comment by K3lly94 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well, to be honest, you should feel lucky he has a job in this economy. He's a guy so don't bother to try and change his opinions about anything. More money and a bigger house wouldn't make everything sunshine and roses... How big of house do you need for three people because I'm thinking that a 2 bedroom apartment should suffice. Is there any way that you contribute to the household income? I had a friend whose husband worked first shift and she worked third.... How are you managing now without insurance? Do you qualify for assistance of any kind?
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We are living in a studio apartment a small studio aparment. And I have tried i dont quilfy for daycare assistance. I do all i can to bring in money like watching other kids so my friends and family can go out.
    K3lly94

Comment by K3lly94 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010