I need advice

I have 3 really bad teeth on the top like they have to have crowns root canals and all....my front like 6 teeth are fine its the next 2 that are bad on each side should i pay nearly $2000 a tooth to have them fixed or pull them (insurance will pay for pulling and only pulling) and get the parcial dentures?? I am only 25 years old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would pull them honestly. I am 25 and have half of my mouth done (they did it during pregnancy) and it STILL hurts from time to time.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 6:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Good question. I have 3 teeth that need capped and my insurance won't pay for dental.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would look around for a free or discount dentist, or work out a payment plan. You are awfully young for a denture already.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Wow thats a lot for a crown, unless your paying the full bill w/no Ins. I'd look around. My DD has very soft teeth and asked the dentist about dentures, and he wouldn't do it because she was only 32. If you can I'd keep your own teeth as long as you can.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes i would get them pulled I'm 26 and have had some pulled and i am getting a denture, and i am so happy i did.
    rachel66

Answer by rachel66 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I can answer this honestly as I am pregnant and having TONS of dental issues right now. I have had a lot of dental issues in my life and I used to take the time to work out payment and get them fixed. I heard everyone say that I need to do what I can to keep my teeth.....well it hasn't paid off. I got a few root canals and crowns done and those teeth still give me a lot of trouble. Last year I got two pulled and got a partial made. The partial hurts for a while but once you get used to it, it is so much easier and it doesn't hurt. After the baby is born I am going to get three more pulled and partials made. I am only 29 but I can honestly say that this has to be better than a toothache. I can put the partials in and out when I need to and not have the toothache. I say go for the partials. Good Luck
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It really depends on what you can afford. Or you could go to a dental school for a fraction of the cost.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I was twenty two when I had all my upper teeth pulled. Infact, they put me to sleep and when I woke up the tempory dentures were already in. Don't get these dentist who make you go gumless for two weeks. Its too hard on the jaw. Also, it may hurt to chew in the beginning, but if you can make yourself chew stake to tuffen up the gums, the sooner you can get those permanet ones in. Best choice I ever made! No more root canels or shots or Dentist bills. They want to you keep them so you can keep paying the Dentist for having them!! Oh, once you get dentures, you don't have to use stuff to hold them. God gave us a natural suction. I've had mine for 30 yrs. Only had them replaced once because the first ones made, the teeth were too short. Oh, and if they don't look right to u, take them right back until they are the right fit, shape, and color! If they're done right, no one will even notice. Many still don't know I do!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:31 AM on Sep. 7, 2010