My husband left & moved in with his mom83 and sister 65. They worship him and both act as if he is their knight in armor. The husband & I get along fine, but when we spend time together they act as if he is cheating on them? We have been separated almost one year and I want my marriage to work, but I am up against a team of women who kiss his behind at every turn. I don't know what to do

My husband & I have been separated almost a year, but get along fine. He lives with his mon 83 and unwed sister 65 who treat hism as their boyfriend. I want my marriage to work, but how can I compete?

Shelly510

Asked by Shelly510 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you expressed your wish for your marriage to him? How do the inlaws impact you when he wasn't ;living there? Bottom line, if they make him feels like he's cheating..and he plays into that...there probably isn't much chance he'll man up to Mommy.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• you shouldn't have to compete with anyone. why are you staying with them? Maybe its time for him to leave and cleave (leave them and cleave you).
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think you answered your own question without even realizing it. "They treat him like their knight in shining armor." That's how every husband wants to be treated by his wife. You find out what makes him feel that way, and then you treat him just like that. You won't have to compete--he will come running back home. If you have never read it, read THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES by Gary Chapman. It will show you just what I mean!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I completely agree with NannyB, but why should you have to chase him, it should be him chasing you
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Tell him either to come home to you or divorce you. Tell him to stop waisting your time.

Answer by louise2 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It doesn't sound like he's acting like a knight in shining armor if he's living with his mother and sister. it sounds like he's a big baby who wants to be glorified. it sounds like he needs tough love but never got it growing up so when someone expected him to act like a man he went running home-sounds kinda like my husband before i told him to man up or get out of my apartment, lol.

i don't agree with acting like your man is wonderful when he's not acting that way. if he wants to be treated like something special then he needs to act like something special, just like everyone else. women should not feel like they need to manipulate their man into being good to them and being a good husband.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 8:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Wow! If he sees that and doesn't want to change things, then I would let him go... It needs to come from both of you... Tell him how you feel and then leave it at that.. if he comes back to you, great and if he doesn't.. well, then he has a lot of growing up to do.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 8:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Face it, he has made his choice. He wants them and not you, I think. Hope it works out but I think he'd rather have them than a real relationship. Imho
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I agree with the ladies answers
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sounds like you already lost. Dudes dont go against their momma for women/wife and the sista helping out too. You are going to need a miracle to get him back and the drama not gonna stop there. The pair gonna fight you to the death.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2010