How did you feel?

For those of you who went through a divorce or separation because of verbal abuse from your spouse how did you feel when it actually came down to leaving were you scared at all?

momof2girls757

Asked by momof2girls757 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I was terrified, although the relationship was also physical abuse as well.... I called my mom and told her that I needed out, my ex had taken apart my car, so she came and got me, but he was still swearing at me, the whole time I was getting my sons and my stuff together.....Later, I became scared of being alone and living with my parents my entire life so i didn't have to be alone, but....my parents introduced me to a WONDERFUL man, and he has become my rock...took me a long time to trust him, but he has passed all my tests with flying colors..... Just have to remember there are guys out there that aren't jack asses, and you deserve someone that truely loves you
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I left when he was out of town for work. I was a little nervous, but very excited to actually be doing it after planning it for a long time.

Answer by missanc at 9:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I was really scared. He was holding me down (i was 4 months pregnant) he kept throwing stuff around in the house and he pretended to kill himself
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Not an ounce scared. I felt more free than I had ever felt. I was more scared seeing my DD grow up in that home. I decided to pull myself up, dust myself off, & start a new life.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You feel fresh and thxful for a new start. Its a long hard process but its worth it.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010