dcf came to my house

my husbandturned his and the baby run towards the street some lady seen this and called dcf, now they are investigarting she claim the lady said the house was sirty and nasty but i said if she was passing in the how did she that? Yhe garbage outside did smell when the lady came but it was garbage OUTSIDE. I am so upset and disgusted, true my house is not perfect but ists not nasty messy yes but we have 5 kids nothing stays in place long and how daRE she ask me about birth control if i am not getting anything from the state than none of your business heck i make more than you. what do i do from here she said she is going to check the schools and dr and be in contact with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's her job, to investigate any complaint. If she finds the complaint to be unfounded, they simply close the case.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• why on earth did you even let her in? they have NO LEGAL RIGHT TO DEMAND ENTRY unless they have a court order or a cop for an emergency child removal. dont let them in
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If you have nothing to hide this will be a minor inconvenience. it shouldn't take long for them to see that her accusations are unjustified. If the doctor had any suspicions at all he/she would have called before now. As would the schools had they noticed anything unusual. As annoying as it is relax. You are doing nothing wrong. any further questions about birth control can be answered with "I don't see how that is relevant to the case." or "We're Catholic."
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If you know nothing is wrong then let her do her job and then it will be closed.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 7:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You don't have to let them in ... but if you don't, they will believe you're hiding something and they will be back with law enforcement. And it will be worse. If you've done nothing wrong, there's no reason not to let them in. And while it's a popular misconception, the goal of child protective services is to preserve families... not take children, unless it's necessary for the safety of the child.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 7:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Honestly if someone doesn't show up with a cop in a marked cruiser there is no f'en way they are gaining entry to my house. How do you know her credentials weren't made on her home computer??

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Wow, I am sorry for you ... Some people just cannot mind their own business... I mean yes if you are passing by a home and see a child actually being endangered, then you should call and report it..... not because a house is messy looking or a child and a father are playing
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 7:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Maybe she thought you couldn't afford birth control (and thus offering you help) or that possibly your husband was forcing you to have more kids than you wanted. I've never been thru it, but I bet it totally sucks. :( Just keep your chin up, answer their questions, and soon this mess will be far behind you. And remember, even though you are completely annoyed (and rightfully so) this service is a necessary evil... because same parents really do suck,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i have been on the inside (i.e. i know the social workers going to these houses) it takes a very bad situation for a child to be removed I'm sure she will determine that your home is the average household. It is her job though and it is the law that she investigate when a report is made. Be cooperative and polite and they will see you have nothing to hide (because you dont!) these services are in place to protect children and often times its because of people being brave enough to say something and file a report that a childs life can be saved so it is necesarry that we have them, however sometimes people take it too far and file a report for seeing mud on a kids face. If you feel the social worker handled the case unprofessionally contact her supervisor
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I do feel bad for you for the situation, but you just made an excuse for your house about having 5 kids! I have # 5 on the way, and my home is perfect, you are lazy, and thats okay, but dont blame it on how many kids oyu have, and also I would have called on you too, if you child was in the street and noone was paying attention~! Yes, I am very picky, and no I am not perfect, but I am responsible!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 7, 2010