Do your kids ever tell you that you look old ?

And does it bother you ? I am 48, with a 14 year old. I know that I am old, but do I have to hear it from him ? How should I respond ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• How about.... I am only as old as I feel and right now I feel like am a twenty something!!
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would tell him that it may be true that you look old, but that is still very rude to say and he has hurt your feelings. Some times kids this age can say very hurtful things and not even realize they have hurt you.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• actually no they don't. but i have felt like I must seem old to them. i mean really when you were 14 didnt anybody over 30 seem old to you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• you may be old to them but your only as old as you make your self , i am 44 and raiseing my 7 year old grandson and he tells me that i look older then his friends moms and i tell him ya but are they grandmoms dont let it bother you its a part of life
    grandmajulie

Answer by grandmajulie at 6:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• YEs, They Call me "Fat " and Ugly, THAN I tell them THEY LOOK JUST LIKE ME!! OH, Just so you know they ONLY do that when we are goofing off, Like when We see monsters on t.v or something, THEY WILL NOT GET AWAY with DISRESPCTING ME LIKE THAT and they know it.
    mommajay915

Answer by mommajay915 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Funny, I put makeup on to camouflage dark circles, crows feet, etc, and my son always tells me I look old with makeup on. I 've been blessed with good skin, and look younger than I am, but they will always think I'm ancient. The same son asked me if I was alive when Abraham Lincoln was president. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am 43 and have 2 kids under 7 - they tell me I have "flappy boobs and big hairy butt" - I don't take it personally - I tell them one day they'll have a big hairy one, too, and they giggle. If you feel like he's being disrepectful, you should tell him. He may not realize his comments have hurt you...
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 8:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I actually I am 31 and have 4 kids but 2 are 13 and 14 and I hear it once in awhile as a joke and I tell them I am not old they are and that I still am 16 inside. Don't let it get to you..you are only as old as you feel. Honestly though they know I don't look old for my age..I still have teen guys checking me out..lol!
    jpalacios161

Answer by jpalacios161 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• make sure he knows that those comments are hurtful to you. he's got two things working against him
    1. he's 14
    2. he's male
    wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 9:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• he says it to get your goat. My grandson says it to me all the time and I just laugh. It's not like we can help we're getting older! Funny thing is that if anything ever happened to me he'd be the one who would mourn the most. So, just think of it as teen age love talk to his mom!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008