Would this be considered a medical or even just a good reason for having a c-section?

Say that your last baby was a vaginal delivery and your tailbone broke during the delivery and it took almost a year to heal because it rebroke twice just from sitting normally. You were never able to rock you newborn because you couldn't sit at all for a couple of months and you couldn't breastfeed because of the pain killers. You became very depressed because of the pain and the inability to just simply sit and your Doctor is pretty sure that it will break again with another vaginal delivery because of the way your pelvis is tilted.

Would that be considered a medical reason or even just a good reason to consider having a c-section with your next baby? Or is that a really stupid reason to have a c-section? I read about someone having a section for that reason and wondered what other people thought.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would say that is a pretty good reason
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think that would be a great reason for a c-section
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Absolutey a good reason! How in the world would anyone think that's a stupid reason?
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It would be medical cause it could cause further damage on the spine
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 7:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'd say that's a good reason to talk to your doc about this for sure!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I agree with all of the above. Plus, depression, while trying to deal with sleepless nights and let's just say the baby were colicky...not a good combination at all.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• This issue is all up to you and your doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Ouch- I would say that is a pretty good reason. Good luck!!
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 7:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would talk to a good doc or midwife about it. A lot of the time, tailbone injury has to do with the positioning of the baby. Posterior babies (facing the mom's belly) are harder to deliver and tend to cause back labour and possible tailbone injury. Doing things like spending time on hands and knees in subsequent pregnancies may help reduce posterior positioning. So having it happen once does not mean it will necessarily happen again. I had a fractured tailbone after my first delivery- the baby was posterior and the pressure from his skull cracked my tailbone (and yeah, it was a long and painful recovery so I sympathize!) However my next two deliveries were MUCH easier and my tailbone was fine for both.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why is this just for fun? Ouch! Doesn't sound like fun!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010