I think im nesting. How soon does the arrival of the baby come when you start nesting?

bentleysmom10

Asked by bentleysmom10 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Third baby on the way, I have never nested. But those I know that did, usually went through it through their third trimester.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i started nesting at like 10 weeks lol so i dont think it really matter, my mom said she did clean the house really well the night before i came
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I did it on and off for three months. We aren't like rabbits that start pulling hair off our chests to build a nest because we are going into labor. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I've never heard the term "nesting" except for animals.. I mean you certainly "prepare" for your child's arrival by getting all of the things needed, (crib, blankets, etc....) whenever you get a chance.. I'm sorry I just think it's kind of unusual to use that term.. but maybe that's just me... :)
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think I started nesting around 2-3 weeks before my daughter showed up. I have heard of women polishing utensils in preparation for their baby to come. Mine seemed to focus on picking up any clutter that was trying to accumulate lol. We didn't have much stuff because we were so broke haha but the things we did have had to be cleaned and in order with the baby's room being the most spotless place in the house. :) When are you due?
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't think it indicates how soon you'll go into labor. With my first I had everything ready to go until his first birthday in the 8th month. This time around I only cleaned and set up everything at the last minute because I didn't want to be caught off guard when she comes.
    Autumn317

Answer by Autumn317 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I nested most of the pregnancy. I focused a lot on the home and arranging it and thinking about the baby. I cleaned and did extra laundry and washed the walls down. I had strong feelings of wanting my home to be clean and comfortable, more than I had before or since. I remember at the time that I felt as though I was making a comfortable nest.

Answer by Bmat at 8:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Nesting can happen early, in the middle, or late in the pregancy. Some women don't nest at all. I never did.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I nested all through the 3rd trimester and maybe a little of the latter part of the 2nd. My MIL and FIL "caught" me standing on a chair vacuuming off the fan blades at 9 months. LOL I couldn't help, they were filthy and I didn't want dust blowing all over my new baby. I tell you, my house couldn't be clean enough!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• LOL I think I went through nesting like 4 times throughout my pregnancy. The last time was about a month and a half before I gave birth.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010