gaging himself

So my son has this thing with sticking his finger in his throat and making him gag Has anyone else had this happen with there kid? How do i get him to stop i tell him no and he just keeps it doing should i just let him do it or what?

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 8:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter did this for a while and I think t was just her learning new things. She is three and a half now and doesnt do it anymore. Sometimes I think she did it just to get my attention :)
    Marisa89b

Answer by Marisa89b at 9:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daughter does this when she doesn't like what she's eating or it's spicy and we didn't know it....and also for attention. We usually have to hold her hands for a minute so she stops.
    Jersismom

Answer by Jersismom at 9:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my son did it, and whenever i would tell him not to do that he would do it again. I eventually ignored it and he stopped. They do it for attention.... just like fake coughing. His fingers are attatched so its not like he can choke on them... just ignore it and he should stop.
    terra6211

Answer by terra6211 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My son does this all the time but he'll do it until he makes himself throw up if I ignore it. I'd say if he's not going that far just let him do it.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 9:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My daughter does this. She is doing it a little less now. SHe is 16 months old.
    kyrasmom67

Answer by kyrasmom67 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree, my daughter went thru that stage and still does it sometimes but it was all for attention, I just ignore her and she stops!!
    Drea21

Answer by Drea21 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My daughter was gagging herself quite often. We found out that she still had acid reflux (she had it when she was younger) and got her back on meds. She hasn't gagged herself since then!
    rach_jaco

Answer by rach_jaco at 2:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2008