How do you deal with crazy kids??

My kids have been outside ALL day. They played fine, ran around, got all their energy out. Now that they are inside, they are still crazy! I was hoping they'd wear themselves out and be calm... not happening! Do you have a bedtime routine to get kids calmed down before bed?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes my DD bedtime routine starts at 6 pm we go in for a tubby then we get dressed and then we brush teeth read 3-4 books and then we go in to the bedroom at 7:15pm and we snuggle and whatver extra engry she does have comes out and at 7:30 we go to the window and say night night to the trees and birds and then she lays down in her crib and she is asleep by 8:00-8:15 for the night then back up at 6:00-6:30am.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think you should have told them when they came in the house to go sit down. No tv,computer games,,no stimulation. Then make them (one by one) go take a shower/bath.

Answer by louise2 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Bath or books.... works for me...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 8:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• They need to wind down. Things like tv, computers, bright lights, and other interactive things are all stimulating. I always sent mine for baths and then they were allowed to read quietly on their beds.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 8:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My son watches tv before he goes to bed, that helps him wind down a little. I give my son a bath and then he brushes his teeth and then lays down
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• They haven't watched TV all day.. we turn all the lights off after dinner, minus the lamp in the living room. My problem is that they are all just SO close together in age. My oldest daughter went up and took a shower. We currently have two sleeping, and two in bed, but not sleeping. UGH...
    Tomorrow, they're running laps around the house after dinner. I am determined to tire them out! LOL jk
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• He gets a bath, story, and prayers.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010