beef flavor means BEEF FLAVOR

So I'm making a Hamburger Helper for dinner. DH had picked up some ground "pork". I start getting ready to add the sauce and read that its beef flavor. So being the crafty person i am, i decide i'll add some alfredo instead since i didnt like the idea of beef flavored pork. I get him to look at the box and he still says thats just the way i'm reading it. It says on the box "add sauce mix (beef flavor)." He tells me to just go ahead and use it. SO...i make sure i add every grain of dry sauce mix there is in there...making sure its extra beefy. He eats it and after being asked, ok i guess it is beef flavor; though thats just silly, why would you add beef flavor to beef? its already beef!" I guess since it didnt make sense to him it wasn't true. He kept telling me that even though it said beef, it was really cheese; it doesnt make sense to add beef flavor to beef. Ugh!

imanixon2

Asked by imanixon2 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• lol is that a question?
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 8:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• what?
    JBrummer

Answer by JBrummer at 9:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think it's marked BEEF to make sure it goes in the right box. FUNNY though adding beef flavor to beef.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• more of a frustration really
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I don't think it adds the beef flavor what they probably mean is it seasons the beef which brings out the flavor.I cook those meals all the time and it always taste delicious using what ingredients are prompted on the box.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2008