Why do people try and tell you how to feed your child?

Its pretty sad really. I mean.... I got told that certain foods weren't good for my DD. Seriously?!?! Its not like I'm letting her pig out on junk food all the time. I do let her eat good meals. So why should someone sit there (and say it anonymously) and tell me that these foods weren't good for my child. I'm just tired of people on here having to put their negative opinions in. We're all adults right? :]

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 8:00 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I ate a ton of chef boyardee when I was a kid and loved it.. I also ate natural foods... Maybe the chef boyardee is why I've turned out the odd way I have.. ;) Anyhow, like I said before just ignore them.. my son is also a terrible eater so I can sympathize... You do what you want and my advice is also just don't bring it up to people who won't understand... why cause drama when you don't need it in your life. :)
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 8:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Because people think they know everything and if you aren't living 100% according to their beliefs you must be wrong... What can I say, Arrogance is Astounding and Ignorance is Bliss!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Chef Boyardee and Spam! LMAO A Century long argument continues....is it meat?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would assume that you sought advice ... and someone gave it.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 8:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Seriously! Ignore them.. this is YOUR child not THEIRS...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 8:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well, hate to say it but if you post on here, you will get ALL opinions. Not just the ones you want.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• are you the chef Boyardee and spam lady? Because that's just not considered meat you know. Sorry you didn't like hearing the truth.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Missingruth, no It wasnt me asking advice I was giving advice on another question of someones. So thats why it was kinda weird.
    Momofonelilguy thanks thats what my husband said. lol
    Its not like I asked the question though. Whatever I guess. People are entitled to their own opinions I get that. But come on, to criticize what I feed my DD when the question isn't even mine! lol
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• spam is yuckkkkk....i just barfed in my mouth. chefboyardee is yum though
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yeah its me the 'chef boyardee lady' I'm sorry but if thats what my picky daughter is going to eat then I'm feeding it to her because she wont eat much of anything else. Sorry.
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010