Haircolor?

If you color your hair- what is your favorite color to do it? Do you change haircolors with the seasons, or do you stick with just one?

I try to go a little darker in the fall, and then go a bit lighter for spring/ summer. I will never know if I have gray hair because I am always coloring it! lol

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I use to do dark for fall, and blonde for summer, now it's just whatever I feel like doing...so I go back and forth all the time considering I'm a cosmetologist lol
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I get highlights and lowlights for the summer. When fall comes, I add some red streaks in there as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I usually go with a lighter color in the summer and a darker color in the winter. Sometimes I just go with what I feel like at the time. Like right now I just dyed it a strawberry blond.
    mommyjones

Answer by mommyjones at 8:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I like the Red or Auburn shades. I used to go darker in winter, lighter in summer but now I just stick with the same shade year round.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm all over the place with color lol. I usually keep it red (the vibrant reds, not the orangey reds), but a couple of months ago my friend (who's a few hours from her becoming a licensed cosmetologist) dyed it really bright red and put black streaks in it. About a week ago I dyed it burgundy and it still has the black. I usually do go darker in the fall or winter, but I rarely realize it. Spring and summer I usually have it brown or red.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i change all the time... i love reds and blonds... im going to do my tzone blond and the rest a redish brown next: )
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ProudmommyOH3- I am too... I can do pretty much whatever. I was just curious. My hair was dark red at the beginning of summer, and LONG. Now it's short and pretty much back to my natural color but I'm bored with it!
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm naturally a L3, and my colors range from L5-L6, sometimes redder, sometimes more brown, sometimes with highlights of L8, or lowlights of L3 or L2. I don't go crazy anymore, like I did in my 20s..my main concern is keeping grays covered.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I find I am generally going with reds these days when I color. I'm due for another coloring, probably this weekend. I'm thinking about going back to dark red with blonde highlights. I loved it.
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Love red in the fall, and same here my hair use to be very long, and decided to cut it into a sling bob lol :)
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010