Cat carrier question!

I need to purchase a cat carrier. What kind do you have? what should I look for?

momofne

Asked by momofne at 8:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pets

• We have two different brands. I'd look for sturdiness- doesn't give too much when there is a weight in it. That it closes securely, that it has easy to use screws along the sides connecting the top to the bottom so the top can be unscrewed if needed to get the pet out. Smooth plastic inside to make cleaning it easy. Holes small enough so the cat can't get her paws through since this could hurt her.

Answer by Bmat at 8:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If you're purchasing one for an airplane ride, then ask an employee of the pet supply store which one you should get. If you're purchasing one for transporting your cat to/from the vet, or for emergency use, then any cat carrier will do. I have three cats, each with their own carriers, and I got them all at WalMart for $15 each.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 8:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I don't like the carriers they have at most pets stores because they tend to be to small. I like to get the ones in the dog section that still have a handle but are a bit bigger. I would not recommend the ones that have the metal door on top. Those can come open way to easily. I have seen it happen many times especially if you have a big cat.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• can't really help you there, but i will give you a small piece of advice, lol....please put a towel in the bottom....every cat i've ever had when they have to go in a carrier pees or sprays while in it....if you don't have a towel to soak it up, the cat gets it all over itself !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We have 2, a regular hard crate and a soft sided one. I like the soft one better.It's bigger
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• go with what fits your life style
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• lots of space big slider lock thats what u look 4
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• something not to heavy to carry
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2010