Green mucus and a cough??

My 2 yr old has nasty green boogeys and a cough when she's sleeping. My husband wants to take her to the doctor, so what should I expect him to tell us? Please inform me. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• sounds like a sinus thing to me. but they wont be able to tell you you can give her anything unless it's a very severe case. you could try highlands cold and cough or highlands cough syrup. they are all natural and kids as young as 18 months can take them. you can find it at walmart, or online. even adults can take it. best of luck and hope that your little one is feeling better soon!
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 8:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sounds like a sinus infection to me. I'm not sure what to expect for a 2 year old, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sinus infection, the cough is due to the mucus draining down her throat and irritating it. Possibly an ear infection or upper resperitory infection with it. Doc will most likely prescribe an antibiotic. Keep her hydrated, stay away from dairy products & sweets.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 9:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• it sounds like a sinus / upper respiratory infection . or it could be allergies. at her age ( depending on weight) she should be able to take zyrtec or claritin for the allergy like symptoms. i would take her in to make sure it isn't an infection. if it is a bacterial infection and not viral they will most likely give you a script for antibiotics and possibly a script for the other symptoms. i would also use saline nasal sprays/ drops to clear extra nasal mucus.
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Usually green mucus means infection. I would definitely make a trip to the doctors for sure.
    Ittgal

Answer by Ittgal at 9:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• lttgal said what I was going to say. green mucus = infection. Get her to the Dr!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• green sounds like an infection...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yup take him
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:06 PM on Oct. 19, 2010