Republican 'Young Guns' critical of Bush legacy and party hierarchy

"Former president George W Bush and the Republican party hierarchy have been denounced for betraying conservative principles by a new generation of congressmen bidding to convince voters that the Right can offer real change."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/7983267/Republican-Young-Guns-critical-of-Bush-legacy-and-party-hierarchy.html

Thoughts? Do you see this as a step in the right direction?

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The UK? I don't really care right now what anyone else in the world thinks. That is part of the problem now. We are so concerned about what everyone else thinks. We need to just focus on what is best for us right now and not worry about the UK.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• The Republicans/Conservatives must remain one group, no matter what! If there are 2 Republican groups and a Libertarian group, the Democrats get to say, "We Won" AGAIN and if so, we are doomed! jmo...

I find it very worrisome that these men are trying to split up the Republican Party, especially, right now, this makes me question their position...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Gal51, what I'm still seeing is too much chance of a conservative schism that will keep the Congress in Democratic hands. And even though I'm registered as a Democrat, I don't consider that a good thing. A balance has always been needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• IMO, we were failed by my parents & my grandparents generation. They really dropped the ball in so many areas.

I question this group as well, I am a little suspicious of anyone coming along that threatens to split the vote and give the Dems a win.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• jesse123456

Wow, really? The article is from the UK and so you refuse to respond. This isn't about what the UK thinks, it's a story that is happening in America. And as a conservative, I'd think you'd have an opinion on it.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Oh and I agree with jesse, UK, who cares? We have enough problems right here in the U.S...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I believe the republican party needs to get its act together, or they will lose whatever advantage they have at this moment. However much I might agree with the younger generation, the last thing we need right now is something to divide the pubs even more!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yourspecialkid,

Being a member of the greatest generation, I would like to let you know that my generation DID NOT drop the ball.

As for the rest of you,

Do not worry about it and just make sure you get out and VOTE. It is just another way to make you give up and not vote. Don't fall for it.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You are so full of crap sweet..countless times cons here on cm ..right in this forum even..(including myself) have griped about SOME things we did not like that GWB did..I certainly never agreed with every single move he made..as for the rest of your post yes right now Obama and crew ARE to blame for things..you'd have them blameless though..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:07 AM on Sep. 7, 2010