i cant afford a divorce from my husband we've been separated for three yrs. now he hasa girlfriend a a baby with her, but hesnow in jail. I have two children with him and he's never helped me with them. I realy want a divorce what do I do I have no money and can bearly afford my rent and bills!!!

we've been separated for three yrs. now he has a girlfriend and a baby with her, but hes now in jail. I have two children with him and he's never helped me with them. I really want a divorce what do I do I have no money and can bearly afford my rent and bills!!! What do I do?

Casie W.

Asked by Casie W. at 8:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• it depends on the state. You may be able to file no fault yourself and only pay the filing fees. There are all kinds of places to help fill out the forms.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Contact legal aid to sue him, as he's not paying child support .... you can find assistance through them in filing for your divorce also.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 8:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i cant sue him he has no money and is not legal and if u only knew what he was in jail for its killing me but too personal to explain . i really have no money what so ever my gas and electric are probably going to be cut off next month
    Casie W.

Comment by Casie W. (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Is there a thing called legal aide in your area? They usually provide legal help.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• When you file for divorce, you are suing for divorce. You can sue someone regardless of if they have money or not. And you don't need money to go to legal aide, attorneys doing legal aid work are working pro bono.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If you can get on aid they will help you with money and food and then if you have legal aid near you they can help you out also
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Legal Aid?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you can find you a shelter,they will help you get on public aid,help you find a divorce lawyer,and help you find low-income housing,you can make it work,you don't need him,they will help you til you can get a job and take care of your family your self.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 4:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Go to local church and dcfs. They will be able to help you.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010