how long does it take for my water to break after passing the mucus plug

i know evey woman and evey pregnancy is different but i just want a general idea of how long will it take for my water to break im 2 and 80% so hopefully its soon.

kstills

Asked by kstills at 8:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• IDK. I had learned through pregnancies that only about 25% of women actually experience their water breaking, with it being noticable.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:08 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Sometimes they don't break and baby is born in the caul. I never had the chance to see if mine would...the stupid doc broke it. Next time I will just wait.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i was one of the lucky ones. i had like, a text book delivery, which was a surprised because my pregnancy was so terrible. i hardly did anything, my kid practically birthed himself, lol.

my mucus plug fell out at about 37 weeks about 2 weeks before i went into labor. my due date was the 13th. on the 8th i started having mild contractions, they really just felt like stretching and mild cramps. then they started getting a little stronger that evening and we called my midwife...she said to come on in just so she could check me. so i got up to pack a bag and as i reached up...my water broke, lol. my son was born the next morning.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I lost my plug around 36 or 37 weeks with both mine. The doctor broke my water both times when I was in labor. My oldest born on his due date, my second was 5 days late.
    depsiua

Answer by depsiua at 9:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• i lost my plug at 37 weeks and went into labor a week later my water broke at 4 am! i had no contractions or anything just got up at 4am to pee (lol) and i felt a gush of water and woke my hubby and off we went! but ur water normally doesnt break first! but i think my family is just weird my grandma's and mothers all broke first in every pregnancy! good luck hope baby comes soon!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I never lost my mucus plug with my first, well not until I was in labor. But it can re-grow it self something like that lol. Good luck
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Some women lose the plug with the baby coming out, others lose in months before laboring, sometimes several times over...

Your water will break at any time, probably later in active labor. Or not at all, some women deliver their babies in the sac intact, too.
    It never *has* to break so don't' gauge by that~
    And also, water can break but no contractions ( = no labor).

In addition, knowing what your cervix is doing only tells you what is happening in this moment, not what will happen and when...

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:55 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The water does not have to break at all, babies can be born in the caul, with both of mine the water broke on its own right before the pushing phase.
    Being Xcm dilated is not an indication of when labor will start and neither is losing the mucus plug.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010