I am feeling discouraged

I want to surprise my DF on friday. We havnt seen eachother for a month and cuz he has been in training for a month, hes a Marine. The base he is on is 1 hour and 1/2 away from me. I want to go to a friends house off base and wait there until he gets off work and thengo to the base gate and say surprise im here. He doesnt want me to go to this girls house cuz he says he doesnt like her. I am discouraged because I think he will be mad at me for going over to her house. Do I still go to surprise him or should I just forget it?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Your goal is to surprise him - in a good way, I'd assume. Seems like it would be counterproductive to do something that you know would upset him in order to surprise him.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 8:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• missingruth, I dont understand
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why not just try timing it so you don't have to go to her house and go straight to the base?
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I am not sure when he will be getting off work
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Well if he is going to be mad at you for going to this friends house then I would find somewhere else to stay until he gets off of work, like a hotel or something, that way u can surprise him w/out upsetting him at the same time. Hope this helps. good luck.hugs

mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thanks but I cant afford to go to a hotel and there isnt really any other places I can go
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Why do something that will piss him off in order to surprise him? That won't be pleasant for him and it won't be pleasant for you. Doesn't make sense.
    findingharmony

Answer by findingharmony at 9:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• So why don't you just drop some hints.. like ask what time he gets off work and then time it so that you can be there waiting for him? I agree with the other ladies- it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go to someone's house that he doesn't like. It would probably end up causing an argument that's unnecessary.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yeah thats true
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• There is a problem with that. He never knows the time hes gonna get off work
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010