rib cage...

ugh i feel my ribcage is being ripped open!!!! any advice to help ease the feeling (and ive taken tylenol already it doesn't help)

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 9:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am 30 weeks pregnant and dealing with this daily.

I have used a heating pad on that area, extra strength tylenol, ice packs and a hot shower. Nothing truly helps. You can also get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth. Sometimes that will help to get the baby to move.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• No advice. I had to physically push my son's foot out of my rib cage all the time.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yeah, had to do that one many times. try a hot shower to relax. different positons laying down may help too. can you float in a pool anywhere??
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If it is baby getting under there you can try putting ice on that spot. Sometimes they will move to avoid the cold...of course then you are cold...but it might be worth it...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Yea same her I press on my ribs my husband tried to stop me saying I was squishing her but there's just no more room
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• im sorry my daughter would knock the wind out of me when she kicked! it was awful! i just had to move her foot out of the way! once the baby drops when u are close to labor it gets better but other then that u have to wait! if i laid on my left side and had a pillow between my legs it helped her move down some so i could breath! good luck !
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no pool here...... oh my god its really pain ful im trying nt to talk deep breaths cause then it hurts worst.... im at the point of tears! tried a heating pad different postitions for laying down and sitting : (
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• ill try that.... im laying on my back right now and its starting to feel a bit better...
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• at this point i really think my ribs are going to break.... it hurts so bad..... i wrapped a body bandage around my where my ribs are and that plus heat (cold made it worst) and im laying on the floor on my back.... my dad is trying to make me feel better.... my dad wants me to get off computer but it makes me happier to be on here lol omg it feels like as if my ribs where a car and the fire deptment are using the jaws of life to open it upp.... except im the car and the fd is my baby!!!!! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• thanks
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2010