Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


My 2 yr old calls my SO daddy, but won't call his biological father daddy....and his real father is really upset by this and blames me...

My 2 yr old sees my SO almost everyday, he only sees his father everyother weekend..

What do you think?


Asked by BradensMom1026 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 16 (2,603 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • maybe see his father more? or at least talk to him on the phone more often? or do like "daddy john" for your SO??

    Answer by dragonlady320 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • I think that it's unwise to refer to SO as "daddy", as SO's can come and go ... and Dad is still in this child's life.

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • I don't think it's in the best interest of the child. It is, at best, confusing.

    Answer by missingruth at 9:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • when he goes to his dad's house, his great grandparents end up watching him most of the time....

    As for my SO, we have been together since my son was 3 months old, and we are now living with him.... He's not going to come and go.

    Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • do you refer to his SO as Daddy? and say 'your father' or 'your dad' when you're refering to his biological father? it could just be your slips of the tongue that are confusing him.

    Answer by erinwhitt at 9:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • I used to call my SO by his first name when talking about him to my son.....once my son started to talk, he started calling him daddy...and I always say your dad, or your daddy, when refering to my ex

    Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • Be careful because some court orders for custody arrangements specify NOT to have the child call the step-parent dad or father. Just letting you know, because if your ex is vengeful he can use that in court and you do not want the headache. He sounds like my ex who used my child and only wanted his "rights" when it was convenient for him and she stayed with his parents on visitations most of the time. Still, no matter what a creep he is, protect yourself and you protect your child and the amount of time you have custody with him/her. Courts will side with the parent who seems to WANT to include the absent parent....regardless of what kind of parent he is. Hope this helps. God bless. <3

    Answer by carol2m2 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

  • well, i have sole custody, and primary placement of my child....he signed it all over to me willfully... and there is no way the courts would ever award him anything..

    Comment by BradensMom1026 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2010