What is your way to lose weight?

I tried losing weight, went on diets, worked out, and nothing...

I quit trying, we live on a ranch, so I put myself to doing more chores, and chasing my 2 yr old, and I lost 10 pounds..
Has this ever happened to you?

BradensMom1026

Asked by BradensMom1026 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat simple so it's easier to know what you are eating. Lots of water. Losing weight is 80% what you eat. Of course exercise is also important to stay fit and tone the body.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yeah, losing weight is hard. I think a big downfall is most people THINK they are eating healthy, but don't really. For exampe. Wheat bread is not good for you. If you look at the ingredients, a lot of breads are made of unbleached wheat flour. You want WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR. Look for 100% wheat or whole wheat or whole grain.

I eat whole grains (no white stuff, except pasta when I have it, I hate wheat pasta), fruits, veggies, skim dairy, and no oils or butter, except olive oil. That comes easy to me though, after learning about nutrition. What is hard is not having the sweets and fast food on top of that. You just gotta say no!

And exercise of course. Just being alive, working, cleaning, and chasing kids gives you a good workout. But you need at least 30 minutes of real exercise most days. I've picked up running. Never been able to run before. Iwould iterally be dying after 2 blocks. Now, at 190 pounds, I can go 3 miles nonstop
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:21 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Eat right and exercise. It take a lot longer but I'm trying to make a lifestyle change so that the weight just doesn't come back.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 9:59 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I lost a ton of weight after having my 1st baby. Then not so much after my 2nd. I try to stay active and watch what I eat, ie, not junk food, mostly healthy stuff. Its hard to lose weight! It sucks!!
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I just stopped eating so much junk and stopped snacking at night
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Good old fashion watching what I eat and exercise! For me it's all about portion control. I do tend to eat more on the healthy side than not, but sometimes I just want a Butterfinger! I'll share one with my kiddo or just have half and wait until the next week to eat the other half. Another thing I found that works for me is to drink a glass of water when I think I'm hungry. Many times I really am just thirsty and it takes me till my nest snack or meal. I stick to 4 300 calorie mini meals most of the time. It's just easier for me and my schedule. I do also try to get in 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 days a week. More if I'm really trying to lose. It's sooooo easy to put on and soooooo hard to get back off the older ya get!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• exercise, eat whole grains in the am snack on fruit during the day blueberries, oatmeal and chocolate is what i mainly eat + the blueberries n chocolate will help during ur period
    chipNskip

Answer by chipNskip at 9:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I had a hard time losing weight. I would go to the gym and workout for an hour 6 days a week and then run on my treadmill for an hour everyday. I was eating healthy but I was omitting the one thing that I needed most in my diet which was protein. I hired a personal trainer and found out that I had to gain my muscle back before I lost as much weight as I wanted too. As soon as I started adding more protein to my diet the weight started coming off.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010