Would you donate your eggs to help another family out?

I am curious to see how many responses I will get for this. My question is would you donate your Eggs to help another family out struggling to have a child of there own? My hunny and I were talking about this and we both agreed with me being EXTREMELY fertile that we would LOVE to help another family out by donating my eggs. I mean I have 3 little precious baby girls and I think for now we may be done. In the future we may want to try for a boy but for now were done. So why not?! What are your thoughts. Would you be willing to help another family out by donating your eggs? Or I guess his sperm?

anaandryan

Asked by anaandryan at 8:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• well, I'm willing to conceive (hubby's sperm & my egg) a baby and give it to my brother and SIL if their fertility doc's appointments do not go well.

I can't really donate the egg since it's family LOL that would be gross! :) and they can't afford IVF really so their sperm and egg is a no-go financially, that's why it would be me and my hubbies biological child.

I have 2 boys, 1 girl, and 1 stepson. I'm done with kids of my own, but they really want a child and I think they would be great parents and wouldn't want to prevent them from having a child.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 7:57: Nicely put. I totally respect you for wanting and or willing to do it that way. I have thought of that too but I just don't know if I could handle seeing a child that we created running around lol. Thanks for your answer.
    anaandryan

Answer by anaandryan at 9:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I know in my heart that my family is complete, I know some might now understand that feeling but I honestly know it. But I just can't stand the idea of them going through life without kids when I could help. IDK. I've known my SIL for 10 years, she was at the birth of my first born even though she was not my SIL at the time.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely! There are so many couples out there that want families who can't. I would love to help them out. I'm extremely fertile, too. It would make me so happy to make them happy.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 9:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• in a heartbeat.. literally
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 9:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I've thought about it. I think it would be wonderful to do, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it.... knowing I have a bio child that I'm not raising. And if I did it for someone I knew, I'd see "my" child every time I saw him/her.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Yes I would donate my egg. I am not sure I could donate to somebody I knew though because that would be a very hard thing to see your child running around but not be your child. Maybe I could though If there was somebody in my family that could not conceive without somebody donating an egg.

imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I thought about it one time, partly for compassionate reasons of wanting to help people and partly b/c someone suggested it as a way to make money. I looked up the website of a clinic that does it, and was reading some testimonials, and these people kept talking about how they felt better knowing that they'd contributed a child to the world, or that they loved their kids so much and were so glad they'd given another family the chance to have kids. Although the sentiments expressed were very nice, I just realized that this child would be "my" child wandering this earth, and that I would never know them, never love or raise them, that I might pass them on the street or carry on a conversation with them and never know it was them. That idea bothered me too much. And to see the child regularly and know I couldn't claim it would be too hard, too.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• IDK I would have to look into the procedure. But once i am done having babies then why not. Its not like the child would be mine and I think it would be something nice that I could do for someone else.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I was supposed to start my medication for egg donation when I asked a guest speaker at my Christian college what the standpoint was on assisted reproduction. He said that they were against any type of assistance using a third party. I "quit" and didn't follow through with the donation. Now that I have lost my child to adoption, I totally understand why he said that. Knowing what I know now about adoptees and the issues that many of them have to deal with for a lifetime, I wouldn't put my child through that. Think about when the child grows up and wants to know why his/her mother isn't with him/her. They may never feel like their mother is their mother. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I think it'll cause more problems than it's worth. Think about the child first and then answer that question. Eggs aren't a gift! They're ours for a reason.
    Anonymous