• In the Spotlight:

Is it cool to keep the same initials from your first child onto your second child if its another girl?

My husband and i want ( if were able, blessed this way) to have two girls and two boys. We'd like to keep two K's and two C's for our kids ....our first lil girl is Kailei ( kaylee) Azlynn Drewes & if we have another girl were wanting Karlei Adelai Drewes....? do you like that? and if we have a boy Cohen Everett <-- dad's middle name) & Corey Evan for a youngest son ....? do you like this idea at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Baby Names

• sounds like a neat family theme~not like they are going to have monogramed towels with just initials to figure out...where did Azlynn come from? Love your plans!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:42 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's unique. They're your kids. Name them what you like.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 9:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes My sister decided to name all of her girls with M names... Madison, Mia, Megan, and Miley Kate. She calls them her M&M's. Anything that makes a child feel special is wonderful and if you tell them how much you wanted to name them these names they should feel great.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 9:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• What happens if though if the genetics play a different game and you get more X than Y chromosomes :)
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 9:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I'm not a fan of matching siblings names. Kids aren't accessories to your family, they are each individuals. Never once in my life has it mattered to me if my name sounds good with my 3 brothers. It's silly really. That being said, I like Karlei, although, prefer the spelling Carley or even Karley, but do not like Corey for a boy, not masculine enough. Just my opinion though, these are your kids and you should name them what you like, but you asked.... ;)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• parents can pick any names they want!!!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 9:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• It's similar to what we've done. DH's initials are CWB and mine are CMB. Our son is CWB as well (he has the same middle name as DH--because it's the only W name I found that I liked, LOL) and our next (which we'll hopefully have!) will be CMB like me (boy or girl).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• my sister's name begins with K and her husband with S. both their girls' first and middle initials are SK... i'm guessing they planned it that way but i never asked. i think it's cute... i didn't do it though.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I think it's cute. My Daughter and I don't have the same initials...though I wish I had thought of that. My Son and Husband do have the same initials though and our newest addition will also be TM. If I have another Daugther I will give her a M name so that both of the girls are MM. I think it's cute.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• We are, both of my girls initials are VIP lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2010