Son pees on the toilet and floor, not in it!

I am probably stupid for asking this question. My son is nearing 2 years old and so we're potty training. He is doing so well! My problem is his wiener doesn't point down into the potty (we have a potty seat, and he won't use the tiny potty chair, so he uses big people potty) and so when he goes it sprays all over the seat and the floor and his feet and anything within shooting distance. The little seat has a tiny reflector but I don't like sitting for 5 mins or more holding his wiener down FOR him. Is there a common sense solution for this? It's distracting when I touch him while he's peeing so he stops, or if I get him to hold his own, then he starts.. you know playing with it. Or do you guys not have this problem? lol I know nothing.. ugh

FateoftheGodz

Asked by FateoftheGodz at 9:51 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throw some cheerios in the bowl and have him use them as target practice! (ie. He has to aim for the cheerios)
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• UM...have the lil guy sit while peeing.. when he gets older teach him to hold it standing up in the toilet. i thnk hes too young to try and pee directly in the toilet. i thnk ur expecting him to get it exactly right. give em a break! lol. sit him on the potty with a insert for toddlers.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• He is sitting! I told you I have no reflector..
    FateoftheGodz

Comment by FateoftheGodz (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• How do I bump this post?
    FateoftheGodz

Comment by FateoftheGodz (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010