I am 7 weeks 6 days and this morning I was spotting and it was brownish.

Last month I found out I have a cyst on my ovary which was causing me pain. The pain went away and everything was fine. On friday I went to get my sonogram and everything was great i seen the baby heart beat. I have read that it is normal to have a little brownish bleeding in the 1st three months but I'm still nervous. Could I be having a miscarriage? I am not having sever cramps. Just pain where the cyst is.

qmyeesha

Asked by qmyeesha at 10:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Brown blood is old blood. If it is bright red then you could have something to worry about.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• If it is brown blood then it is not from something going on right now. It is probably just where you were irritated after your Sono on Friday. If it is Bright Red or becomes Bright Red then you need to be alarmed. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• yes, if ur bleeding alot (bright red blood), having pain i would think ur having one. but brown blood is caused by air getting to it-and its just left over blood coming out. nothing to worry about. its normal.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Thank you soooo very much everyone it does give me a piece of mind.
    qmyeesha

Comment by qmyeesha (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I had spotting from about 7 weeks to 9 weeks...brown blood. My daughter is now 2 years old.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I had spotting with my oldest off and on until about 16 weeks. One time it was red blood and really worried me, it was just a random thing that they never figured out. Sounds like everything is fine with you. Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy Mama!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 7, 2010