diaper rash question

my daughter (13 months) has a diaper rash that started from loose poop but now its only where the diaper is rubbing. im letting her run naked for a while after each diaper change and putting LOADS of desitin on it, but its SO blistered from these diapers. I really cant afford to buy different diapers (im a single mother who is actively job searching but so far nothing) what else can i do?

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Good old corn startch. Works wonders on diaper rash!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Try baby powder, Vitamin E. Desitin always makes my sons diaper rash worse.
    TessaHoney

Answer by TessaHoney at 10:12 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Corn starch is great! I found that Butt Paste works better than Desitin, too. Vitamin E or Aquaphor would probably work really good, too. My only issue with those is that they're petroleum based, which can sometimes make rashes worse.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:14 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• And im also a single mother (4yr old, 2yr old and a 4 month old). Iv got two kids in diapers. I couldnt afford to be spending $60+ a month in diapers so i switched to cloth diapers. It can be pricey to start but Ebay is a great place to look for great deals! just a thought.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• oh i forgot to mention that im putting baby powder on it when i let her run naked then again before putting the desitin on. im wondering if maybe i should stick like gause over it. to prevent the rubbing since that looks like a big part of the problem... i also stuck a tiny amount of neosporin on it and that did wonders... im just nervous putting it that close to her vagina....
    mommy06and09

Comment by mommy06and09 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• neosporin will not hurt her vag, I had to use it on my nieces after she got it caught in a zipper (don't ask) The baby powder can actually hold moisture into the rash, i'd stick with the neo or some a&d cream, especially if there are any blisters. I know you say you can't afford new diapers but if your baby is allergic to these a little money is not worth her suffering, if you trully don't have it maybe a local charity can give you a pack that wont hurt the baby.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Beauteaux Butt Paste, you can get at Walmart. Clears it up in like 3 days.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I second butt paste!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• baby powder sould NOT be used... it can irritate skin and cause yeast infections...
    i would say butt paste, or good ol petrolium...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• balmex
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:05 PM on Oct. 19, 2010