my son is ten months old...when can i start giving him table food?

my son Jon eats level three on babyfood jars and i want to know when can i start giving him table food.

Angela S.

Asked by Angela S. at 10:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You probably could have already started giving him some, just as long as you watch him and make sure he only takes small bites. I started giving my daughter tiny bites of my food when she was 6 or 7 months old. Now is fine, as long as he hasn't had any negative reactions to anything. If he has, just avoid those foods.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My boys never went to the level threes I just went to table foor and made sure it was in small bits or finger foods. You would now if you wanted to.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would start giving him stuff from your plate. This will help him want to eat when he has no choice. Give yourself a bite and them him a bite. Try not to give him pieces that have alot of flavor on it. I would suck off salt or sauce if there was any on it as much as I could. Have fun!!
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I wanted to add that to watch for allergies just make sure you give 1 things at a time or just remember everything you fed him so later on if he has an allergic reaction it will be easy to go back and recall what he ate.

Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You could have skipped over baby food and gone direct to table food. baby led solids

We never did jars or purees. My girl has no teeth and eats apples.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• I would have already done it. We skipped the level three foods because table food was pretty much the same. If you start later on table food children have harder times with texture and become picky eaters.
    Joeysmama012709

Answer by Joeysmama012709 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• whenever you want. i've been feeding my ten month old table food for a couple months. he loves table food. he has learned well how to hold the food himself and put it in his mouth.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• My 4yo was eating table food at 7 months and stopped taking baby food by 9 months. She was also self feeding from the start. Her first plate of real food was Thanksgiving at 7 1/2 months old and she fed herself.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Four months ago. **smile** Baby purees aren't needed; baby can eat what you eat, mashed up due to lack of teeth.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Babies can start fork mashed food at 4-6 mo. They never need jar food.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:24 AM on Sep. 7, 2010